Thursday, October 6, 2016

My Favorite Easy Pumpkin-Decorating Techniques

Do you know what makes the pumpkin-decorating process even more fun? Shortening it.


We spent a grand total of 1.5 hours whipping up a batch of fall decor goodness in our garage. Here is how two people accomplished feats of Halloween greatness in less time than you'll spend waiting in line to vote:



1. Bottoms Up

Once upon a time, someone told me to carve a circle out of the bottom of the pumpkin instead of removing the top portion with the stem. Now I don't have to reach all the way inside of the pumpkin to place my candle, nor do I have a sometimes unsightly line interrupting the forehead of my jack-o-lantern.

I lived happily every after.




2. Faux Pumpkins For The Win

I am all about variety. This white pumpkin shows off certain designs in a way that an orange pumpkin can only aspire to. No globs of white paint or extra drying time required. And better yet? This is a faux pumpkin, so he will be adorning porches for years to come.




3. Drill Baby, Drill 
Drilling: fast, effective, and accurate. I love breaking out the tool box!



4. Variety Is The Spice Of Pumpkin Latte Life

Different shapes and sizes make life interesting. Toss in a small gourd you can use for a tabletop decoration!


All these ingredients mix for one big happy pumpkin family! Are there any tips or tricks that I missed? Let me know!





No comments:

Post a Comment